Saturday, December 10, 2011

Easy Fish Recipe

As a girl from Washington State, with a father who used to be an avid fisher, I'm practically required to love fish. But in the words of Jim Gaffigin, "I love fish, when it doesn't taste like fish. So, you don't like fish."

Unfortunately, my husband does like fish.  So it's my job to make fish that doesn't taste like fish and this is how.
Ingredients:
-1 fish fillet
-Lemon juice
-Clove Garlic
-Thyme
-Basil
-Olive oil
Drizzle the fillet with lemon juice, mince your garlic and put it on top, sprinkle with thyme and basic, and lastly drizzle with olive oil.  I cover the fish and let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple hours. The secret to this recipe (which took me years to figure out) is to put the ingredients on the fish in the order listed. It looks like this:

I used to wrap it in a foil packet and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, but I recently started pan frying it.  I take the fish and cook it on one side on a medium heat.  Then flip it when the thickest part of the fish is halfway done.  I allow it to brown a little.  To make certain it's done you flake it with a fork.  This only takes 15 - 20 minutes, which is so much faster than baking.

For a complete meal I throw some rice into the rice maker and cook up some vegetables. Nice and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment