Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Water Painting

When there are small breaks between events (like lunch and nap time) it's helpful to have small activities easily available. We have a random/art drawer and today she decided to do some water painting.

After she finishes her art we hang it on the bottom half of the fridge so she can remember, talk about, and share her art with the whole family.

I really enjoy using all my daycare experience and my Elementary Education degree in my mothering. It helps me feel purposeful. When Russell and I bought our home I felt unhappy staying at home with Josephine. About the same time I picked up the book Contentment by Maria Covey Cole. What a heart changing and eye opening read; it was what I needed at that moment. My copy is all marked up, here's one quote:

"She is truly happy who can see and appreciate the beauty with which God has ordained the commonplace things of life" Joseph F. Smith.

My new goal is to appreciate the small moments, like when Josie tries to feed Elmo her baby's bottle through the T.V. It's enjoying the small moments that fill my lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment