Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Vinyl Phrases

For Christmas this year I made some special vinyl phrases for my sister's family. Here they are:














For my brother-in-law who served two tours in Iraq. He's a real hero.
The words above are white vinyl, the picture is just low quality.




For my nephew Slade, who's a boy scout.
















For Sofya, who's growing up way too fast.


























Now, to make those into something like my Family blocks you follow these steps.
1. Cut wood to size of paper.
2. Sand wood
3. Paint back, sides, and a little of the front with black paint (you can use any color you want)
4. Modge-podge paper onto wood
5. When it's dry, modge-podge over the top of the whole thing

As for my other adorable nieces and nephews, they're getting homemade quilts.



















This quilt is quilted with the nursery rhyme "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"

1 comment:

  1. What neat and fun sayings. Great job! I bet your sister's family will appreciate them a lot.

    ReplyDelete