Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cleaning for the Holidays



Josie loves water play, but the cold weather makes it impossible. So, I see mopping as a chance for Josie to get some water play. I wouldn't normally write about it, but this time was more exciting than the last. I like to give Josie a bucket with water in it and a rag. I've worked on teaching her how to wring out the rag, but she usually only gets the top half. This led to many puddles on the kitchen floor. After Josie slipped twice, I put some socks on her for traction and kissed her all better. Then, as I was walking around the table, I slipped on one of her puddles and fell down. Being 6 months pregnant I was really worried about landing on Josie and maneuvered myself away, but ended up landing on my knees. Ouch! What surprised me was Josie's reaction. Toddler and mom switched roles.
"Are you okay? You okay?" Josie asks.
"Yeah, I just hurt my knees. Ouch!" I respond.
"Oh. Kiss them." And Josie kissed both my knees to make me feel better.

I'll be honest, the kisses didn't stop the bruises from forming. But the kisses did make me feel pretty special. I guess that's why a mom's kiss works better than a band-aid for my little Josie.

No comments:

Post a Comment