Thursday, December 12, 2013

Week 8 Thanksgiving - Making Finger Puppets

This week we did not do formal preschool.  We spent the week baking pies, visiting family, and being grateful for our blessings.  We did color some printables from First-School. We did the letter S and Thanksgiving turkeys.  Since Christmas is just around the corner I spent some time finishing some Brown Bear, Brown Bear finger puppets.  I'm really proud of how they turned out!

The bear was my first.  I made a pattern by tracing my finger and then giving about a quarter inch allowance on both sides.  They fit my finger and my husband's fingers too.  I started putting them together with hot glue, but I couldn't get my sewing needle through it, so I switched to using felt glue (which looked and smelled the same as Elmers glue).


 I glued the ears to the back piece and embroidered the face to the front piece.  After doing those things I sewed around the edges.  Lastly, I hot glued the eyes on -- who doesn't love googly eyes?  Finished.
 I used slightly changed shapes for the sheep, fish, and horse.  After getting past the learning curve they were really easy to throw together.  I hope my toddler enjoys them this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment