Thursday, December 12, 2013

Week 7 Opposites

Objective: Be able to identify the opposite of a word

 If I said tall I wanted her to be able to name short as its opposite. We then read several books. I have since returned all the books to the library and lost the list (it was a huge list).  But we found our books in the Juvenile section 428.1. She wanted fancy and plain to be the opposites on our poster board.
We did read Exactly the Opposite, I liked it a lot because it doesn't have the opposites listed.  We read the other books first, and then when we read Exactly the Opposite. We would look at the pictures and I let my daughter choose which opposites matched the pictures.

Later we worked on counting and writing numbers.  I wrote equations that had the sum of 16 and allowed her to make pipe cleaner and star bead bracelets to represent the equations.  She wore them around all day.  After she added up the stars I had her write 16 in the blank space.

For Thanksgiving we made some turkeys. I wrote numbers on some circles for how many feathers we should glue onto that circle. 
We glued on feathers.  16 feathers was kinda a lot, I would recommend using smaller numbers.  11 worked nicely.
Feathers are fun.  My baby crawled over my leg to try and get some.

Here they are drying.
We finished the turkey by adding a beak and a gobble (not its official name). Then I had my daughter add some eyes.  Lastly, we glued another brown circle to the back (to keep the toddler from tearing off the feathers) and added a magnet. Here's the finished product.  Some super cute turkeys for the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment