Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pregnancy Cravings

I've had an especially hard time being 7 months along during Christmas. I almost have my decorations cleaned up (it's almost a month later).  I also put on twice as much weight in four weeks as I had between my other Dr visits -- thank you Christmas fudge, candied popcorn, and other delicious sweets.  I've nearly finished purging my house, and my body, from Christmas junk foods. 
Last time I was this far along it was the middle of summer and I could have as many fresh fruits as I wanted.  So, Sunday night I started craving berries.  I made a berry cobbler to fill that craving.  But, on Monday, "BERRIES" my body screamed.  This time I decided to try something healthier -- smoothies.  I didn't find a recipe I liked, so I made up my own:
Berry Banana Smoothies
5 strawberries
3/4 cup mixed berries
3/4 cup milk
1 banana
6 to 8 ice cubes
1 strawberry yogurt
All of my fruits were frozen because it's December, but fresh ones would be better.

Directions:
  1. Blend berries and banana with milk until smooth. Add yogurt and blend. Lastly blend in ice and serve.
  2. Makes 2 or 3 servings and took about 5 minutes to throw together.
My daughter enjoyed her cup enough to get her first head-freeze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment